How to Write Quality Content for a Hospitality Property
With the popularity and growth of Airbnb, many hospitality property owners are realizing that their competition is increasing daily and that the old traditional ways of marketing might not be enough.
With the percentage of people going to their smartphones for information, it is obvious that a successful hospitality property should build a customer list and that social media has to be an intrigue part of any Bed & Breakfast, Hotel, Inn or Resorts marketing plan. The problem remains for many properties is how to get loyal visitors to subscribe and stay. But how to write quality content?
Create a blog.
Sound easy enough but where to start, how to write quality content and what to write about?
This part of the process can be very scary and gives some people flashbacks to days in school or that there is more important details of the day to day operation that take priority. Taking the time to write is something has to be scheduled, but many feel that it won’t take long and there’s plenty of time to get started. If you think this way, there is a chance you’ll fall behind your competition.
So where do you start?
The first step is to get into the right mindset.
Develop your content – think about engaging your current and potential guest with tips and advice that leave an impression and inspire them to take action.
Let’s look at some ways you can use to write quality content.
I. Start with Storytelling: Think of something interesting, stunning (a good thing) or informative happened to you in the past year. Write about that experience by walking your reader through the story.
Design your story so it has an introduction to a mystery or something that will keep your readers interested so they will want to find out the outcome. Storytelling is one of the oldest forms of passing on information and continues to be valued.
II. A Well-Written Post is Key: Make sure the quality of your articles are well-written. If the quality is inferior, the feedback will not be good. Your content needs to be clever, appealing, and including tips and stories that pertain to your property and or region.
You’re only as good as your worst post!
III. Find out what they want to know: Research your competitors and determine what works with their guests. This can be done one-on-one or easy-to-fill-out surveys with a small bonus as a reward for their participation.
IV. Be a Myth-Buster: Introduce a myth, and then set the record straight. These types of posts can be fun to create and are a good way to start a conversation based on your opinion.
Here are ideas on how to start this type of article.
How to be a Myth-Buster
- Introduce or Spread the Myth– Tell a story that involves a myth of your choice to draw to draw the reader into your post. Maybe the story is the myth. Since most myths are simple urban legend the point of this introduction is to hook your reader into carrying on with the rest of your article.
- In the Body of your post Expose & Discredit the Myth – This is the heart & soul of your post. Tear it down and bust it.
- Expose– Tell your readers why this myth is. Where it started? How it spreads? Why does it still exist? By answering these questions you will be placed in a position of credibility where the reader begins to accept that you know what you are talking about.
- Discredit– This is where you bust the myth. Explain the reasons why this myth isn’t genuine and show proof to support your case. Tip: Use bullet or a numbered list.
- Finally Deliver a Dose of Truth– Now that you’ve successfully busted the myth, give your reader a dose of truth to take its place. Tell them what they need to know so they can finish your article with a feeling of, “Well, that’s interesting”.
V. Use with Headings and Lists: Customers can immediately recognize and understand headings and numbers, especially in articles. Consistency is important, so break up your content so it has a clear beginning and end to avoid confusion. Make it bold, beautiful and clear!
VI. Offer New Viewpoints on Old Topics: Practice your writing skills to bring back old discussions, topics or messages and offer a new viewpoints on the outcome. You can entice your readers to finish the post by giving them something they haven’t heard before.
VII. Collaborate with Other: If you’ve been riding solo, reach out to others to contribute for fresh content. These can be restaurants, attractions or any other type of business that would enhance your guests visit. Use this as an opportunity to cross-promote and can help improve your credibility.
VIII. Write About Your Passions: Focus your strength on topics that have real meaning for you. If you’re not passionate about your writing, your readers will know. Stay with what you know and care about.
Time to start writing with tips on how to write quality content
- Get all your ducks in a row:
- Know what your customer needs, wants, and obstructions
- Brainstorm solutions
- Study what has been be said in the past by reliable sources
- Think about what’s not being said
- Decide which format best suits your style of writing, computer, pen & paper etc.
- List all the main points
- Arrange related ideas together
- Create sub headings
- Be creative
- Lead with originality
- Deliver quality
- At this point don’t be hung up on grammar
- Trim 10% of your article
- Remove surplus content
- Make sure it makes sense
- Proofread (Now it is time to take care of the grammar):
- Commonly misused words
- Punctuation (especially apostrophes and commas)
- Sentence structure, run-on sentences, and awkward syntax
- Excessive parentheticals in the form of parentheses, commas, and hyphens
- Last Edits:
- Ask a co-worker, family member, friend, or peer to review your work
- Read and repeat any steps as needed
Use these tips to write quality content and share your knowledge with your readers, and they will continue to come back for more.
If you use a blog in your marketing strategy and would like to share or have any questions or feedback you can leave them in the comments section or visit our website
Let’s work together to put heads in your beds.
Until next time, have a fun day.
Take Advantage of video marketing for business!
Get Your Free