Things happen all the time in the hospitality property industry that makes you want to crawl under a rock & hide. What can you do turn this around?
Welcome to another edition of Hospitality Property School.
Today, I am going to look at “How to Endure When Things Gets Hard”.
Endurance in tough situations is hard to have sometimes.
Things happen in everyday life that just make you want to crawl under a rock and hide. It becomes a challenge to stick our heads back out into the world where they may get bitten off in the process.
This is what endurance is all about.
The determination to keep going, no matter what the odds is the trait of many successful people.
A strong character is built around endurance. It shows what you are made of when faced with a challenge that you must overcome. Successful people are determined to meet all goals. They keep striving to get there and will fight anyone and anything that gets in their way. They are determined to see a task through to completion and then they will sit back and reap the rewards.
Refusing to give up doesn’t mean that you will never fail.
It just means that you may have to take a long way around instead of the shortcut. But don’t stop believing that you can do what you set out to do. The journey begins with the first step, placing one foot in front of the other and before long, you will look back and see all that you have accomplished. It will be a wonder that you got as far as you did and that you didn’t stop when the times got really rough.
Be a doer and a thinker.
What do I mean by that?
Instead of complaining, look for an achievable solution to your problem. This alone can start you on the road to confidence and self-esteem.
If you decide you are unhappy, then you will live your life that way. But if you decide you want to change your mindset, you can start by thinking happy thoughts.
Then set your goals for that day, for the week, month, year, five years.
With the goals, you want to achieve set and you will be on your way. On average, it takes 66 days to change a habit, so challenge yourself to stick to your plans of reaching your goals.
There will be lapses and it may take a while to get into the routine but by starting and then willing yourself back on track you will start reaching your goals, which will make you happier.
If you continue to live in the past, it will upset your future.
“The past is gone and there is nothing that can be done about it now.”
Everyone makes mistakes. You can try to fix the mistakes you have made by doing even better in the future and don’t be so hard on yourself when you do. Take them for what they are as a life lesson, – learn from them and move on. Don’t let one mistake ruin the rest of your life.
When you have a hard decision to make – make it!
When those hard decisions come along, realise they are there to test our spirit. If you endure and get through those challenges sent your way, it will show others what you can do. It may also place you as an industry leader.
That is something you can take pride in and if you wish, you could take one step further by becoming a mentor to others. Teaching others how you endured through a bad situation can be good for you by knowing you were not alone in the world.
What Happens When You Do Fail and How to Overcome
It is very obvious that nobody on this earth likes to fail but the fact remains that everybody has tasted failure at least once in their life.
So, if everybody faces failure, what is it that successful entrepreneurs do differently than the others?
- To begin with, it is important that you get over any failure as quickly as possible. The longer you dwell, the longer it takes to find a solution.
- Do not blame others. It is easy to do but if you want to overcome failure accept your mistake, take the blame and move on.
- Identify the cause of the failure.
- What were the causes that led up to the failure?
- Use the – if I had done ‘this’ then ‘that,’ – formula. This is an exercise that could show you ways to overcome possible failures as well as boost your confidence.
- Seek the advice of experts or mentors. When talking with them be honest and frank. You will be surprised at how many colleagues, friends, family members and industry professionals are impressed by the fact that although you have failed, yet you are striving back again to overcome your failure and transform it into success.
- Once you have identified the pitfalls, work towards the success.
Everybody makes mistakes and has failures, but by not dwelling on them and instead of looking at them as learning experiences, then using the step you have learnt to concentrate on your efforts towards rectifying or stopping them in the future, it will not take long for you to see how your endeavours will pay off.
If you have any stories about “How to Endure When Things Gets Hard” and would like to share or have any questions or feedback you can leave them in the comments section of the show notes.
You can find them at:
That’s it for this session of hospitality property school.
We appreciate your comments and if you have topic ideas, feel free to reach out to use on
Facebook at facebook.com/keystonehdc
Twitter at twitter.com/keystonehdc
Or email at
So, as always, let’s work together to put heads in your beds.
Until next time, have a fun day.
For listeners of the Hospitality Property School Podcast
we are offering the opportunity to check out the
For 14 Full Days
(If you see the value and continue as a member,
then you billed $37 per month)
As a Member:
- You have the opportunity to ask questions, share best practices, promote your property etc.
- Every week a video will be posted with updates & answers to questions
- Every week training tutorials will be added to the group. They will be listed in the following categories
- Organizational Structure
- Employee Development
- Marketing for Your Hospitality Properties (Including How to Use Social Media)
- How to Look at Your Hospitality Property
- We will share monthly interviews with hospitality property specialists on such topics as: Customer Service
Property Management System
Hotel Guest Service
Hotel Website Design
You can have access to all the information currently posted on
The Hospitality Property School Group
as well as all the weekly updates
for 2 Full Weeks
Keep in mind, if you do not see the benefit, you can cancel anytime
– No Questions
That’s a lot of information…. and you get it all for two weeks
For Only $1
Log in Now and Claim Your Spot For Only $1 Before This Offer Expires.
Hospitality Property School is a division of Keystone HDC